A. Group classes are being held for colorectal cancer surgical patients and their family.
Where: Ottawa Hospital, General Campus, 7th floor, Ages Cancer Assessment Clinic
Time: 9:30 to 11:30
To Register : Please call 613-737-8501 (Reception) or 613-737-8899, extension 79694
Next classes are :
|May 1, 15, 29, 2013|
|June 12, 26, 2013|
July 10, 24, 2013
August 7, 21, 2013
|September 4, 18, 2013|
|October 2, 16 , 30, 2013|
|November 13, 27, 2013|
|December 11, 2013|
B. You can also attend a webcast class via your computer (offered in French only). To access, you must:
- Access the web site: http://webcast.otn.ca/archives.html
- Select the webcast class #10847041 « Ottawa Hospital Colorectal Cancer Surgery Patient Education (FRENCH) »
- View the video.
If you have any comments and to complete an evaluation form, please contact Judith Boileau, Clinical Educator email@example.com
- To prepare you and your family to care for yourselves after your colon or rectal cancer surgery
- To describe post operative care including dressing and drain care, and managing nausea and pain.
- To understand post operative activity including general activity.
- To identify opportunities to take care of your emotional well-being.
- To be aware of community resources available.