Mental Health Program
This 24-bed unit offers short-term care to patients with mental health problems by providing support, treatment, rehabilitation and social integration.
The Mental Health Program has recently moved into new facilities that represent the hospital’s long-standing tradition of healing values and compassion. These facilities offer small groupings of comfortable rooms with their own dining room, living room and activity room.
Ambulatory Services include the Day Hospital, the Evaluation and Treatment Module (ETM) and Outpatient Clinics.
- The Day Hospital uses an integrated multidisciplinary approach in providing care and services to persons with disabilities related to their mental health. The Day Hospital provides an alternative to hospitalization and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., 5 days a week.
- The Evaluation and Treatment Module (ETM) is linked to Emergency Services. A specialized team evaluates the needs of patients who arrive at the hospital but who do not require admission, provide quick treatment and direct them to the appropriate services.
- Outpatient clinics ensure that patients in the Mental Health Program receive follow-up by providing them with individualized support as well as psychiatric and psychological treatment on an outpatient basis.
These services allow Montfort to extend the reach of its Mental Health Program into the communities of Ottawa and Prescott-Russell. The following services are provided by specialized teams in the community:
1. The Prescott-Russell Mental Health Community Centre, located in Rockland
2. Personality Disorders Clinic, in Ottawa (Vanier area)
3. Two Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Teams, in Ottawa (Vanier area) and in Casselman
4. The Prescott-Russell Community Crisis Intervention System, located in Hawkesbury
5. The Prescott-Russell Geriatric Psychiatry Service, located in Hawkesbury
Partners in the Mental Health Program
The Mental Health Program has established a number of partnerships with regional organizations in order to ensure the ongoing delivery of quality care and services to clients and their families. These partners include: